RELEASE OF ALL CLAIMS AND ASSUMPTION OF ALL RISKS.
WARNING: BY SIGNING THIS FORM, YOU GIVE UP ANY RIGHT YOU MAY HAVE TO RECOVER COMPENSATION THROUGH THE COURTS OR OTHERWISE FOR ANY PERSONAL INJURIES, DAMAGE TO YOUR PROPERTY, OR YOUR DEATH ARISING OUT OF YOUR PARTICIPATION IN TOUR DE TIMOR EVEN IF YOUR INJURIES OR DAMAGE ARE CAUSED BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE PERSONS RELEASED.
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE SIGNING
1. I, the undersigned, hereby acknowledge that there are inherent risks and dangers associated with mountain biking and racing in wilderness areas and roads and that these risks and dangers can cause personal injury or death. I understand that participating in Tour de Timor involves mountain biking on public roads, bush tracks and trails, some of which are rugged, and that I am aware of the hazards involved. These hazards include but are not limited to, trail surfaces such as gravel, mud, and grass; obstacles on trails such as rocks, fallen trees, vegetation, animals, puddles and washouts; obstacles on the sides of trails such as trees, rocks, and embankments; steep downhill gradients; river and creek crossings; bridges in poor condition; collision with other competitors, general vehicle traffic, wandering domestic animals, spectators, or marshals; event vehicle traffic; condition of competitors equipment; adverse weather conditions and heat related illnesses including heat exhaustion. I accept that the roads are generally of a poor quality with many large potholes, broken edges, collapsed drainage ditches, lack crash or protection barriers, no corner markings and have few warning signs or directional information. I accept that the placement of signs to warn of serious hazards is discretionary, and on the judgment of organisers which may vary from my own, and that not all hazards will be marked. I further accept that the course has been generally made known via the website and that placement of directional event arrows and marshals is at the discretion of the event organisers, who cannot guarantee that arrows once placed in location will remain there whilst I am on the course. I accept that there may be water crossings with variable depths and or non-potable water. I accept that I will be accommodated in local villages using water that has not been treated and eating food prepared by local villagers and/or event staff. I accept that my normal standards of living may not be met.
2. I agree to fully assume the risks and dangers, of participating in the Tour de Timor 2017 regardless of their nature.
3. In my judgment, I have sufficient competence and experience to participate safely in the event. I warrant that I am physically fit, have sufficiently trained for participation in this event, and have not been advised otherwise by a qualified medical person.
4. a) In consideration that my entry has been accepted for Tour de Timor 2013, I release and discharge the Government of Timor-Leste, all event staff including the principal organizers, the District authorities, the Police National Timor-Leste (PNTL), Australian Federal Police, Timorese Army (FFDTL); the various Non-Government Agencies, employees, representatives and volunteers; the land owners, managers, or custodians of the land and roads over which the event runs; all sponsors, community organisations, as well as any other corporation or person directly or indirectly involved in this event from any claims or right of action in relation to any loss, damage or injury howsoever caused including a claim caused by the negligence of those persons that I might sustain before, during, or after this event.
b) I agree to indemnify and hold harmless the persons or entities mentioned in paragraph 4(a) above from any and all liabilities, claims or actions (including negligence) whatever or however caused that they may incur arising as a result of, or in connection with, directly or indirectly, my participation in or travelling to or from Tour de Timor 2017.
c) This release and indemnity binds my successors, heirs, executors, administrators and assigns.
5. I acknowledge that the organisers reserve the right to alter the advertised course if conditions warrant. If conditions warrant the cancellation of the event, no refunds on travel costs including airfare or accommodation will be issued.
6. I agree to all race rules and conditions set forth, and understand that event occurrences and climatic conditions may require the daily altering of any event rules, terms and conditions, which could include stage distances, stage start times and stage directions, contrary to which may appear in any event media and event documents published prior or during the event.
7. I hereby consent to receive medical treatment that may be deemed necessary in the event of injury, accident, or illness during the event, and agree to pay the costs of any such treatment if so required.
8. I understand that Tour de Timor 2017 Organisers and all parties involved with the event will not accept any liability to the extent permitted by law for loss or damage of any property or goods as a result of participation in the event.
9. I understand that during the event or related activities I may be photographed or filmed. I agree to allow my photograph, video, or film likeness to be used for any legitimate purpose by Tour de Timor, the sponsors and or assigns.
10. I accept the conditions of entry and agree to abide by the event rules and understand that my entry may be voided if in the opinion of the organisers I, or my support crew, break any of the rules, or through my actions or behaviour, or that of my support crew, we bring the event into disrepute. I further understand that the organisers reserve the right to reject any entry without having any justification for their actions.
11. I hereby agree to obtain insurance cover for Tour de Timor 2017. I will submit my insurance policy as evidence by 1st August 2017 to email@example.com
12. I hereby certify that I will be eighteen (18) years of age or older before or on 1st September 2017.